Sunday 24 November 2019

Zulema - Z-Licious UK LP 1979 in WAV 16/44 Plus Bonus Tracks (Freshly ripped)








I originally ripped this album back in 2015 and it still sounds pretty amazing to me, but I have re-ripped the UK only 12 inch version of 'You've Got Something For Me' which has only ever appeared on this 12 inch single. Also I did not have the 12 inch version of 'Higher Plane' but I have since bought that with 'Change' as the A side. 'Higher Plane' has only ever appeared on the French (The one I have) and the Brazilian 12 inch, I have no idea why but it is a pretty rare and amazing track.

5 comments:

colourzone said...

WOW...I hope people recognize what you are offering up to them right here.
A wonderfully complete album, not mainstream and quite well regarded from all who have experienced it.
MEGAPOST...
CHEERS.

the saucer people said...

This is just the icing on the cake of your recent posts - the extra tracks from the 12 inch are deeply appreciated - this is my kinda Disco music! Many Many thanks!

PS> just to echo Colourzone's comments, this is a highly regarded album and for anyone new to the world of Zulema, these rips are as good as it gets!

nandl said...

One of my favourite albums - thanks for this comprehensive post! There is also a rare, longer version of the track 'Hanging On To A Memory' which was the B-side to the 7" of 'Change' in some territories. It has an additional instrumental section which starts at around 2.50 and adds about 45 seconds to the running time. I've posted it to my Youtube page here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PayeejsG8kI

Simon John said...

Hi nandl, never heard this version and thanks for sending the link for the Video, one I need to track down now....................

00833827 said...

thanks for making this and these available - i am going thru your posts, lots of stuff that is new to me - amazing sounds!! massive thanks, great work